Orchestra Tax Relief (OTR) was introduced in April 2016 to promote orchestral concerts in the UK. The scheme allows orchestral productions to either decrease their taxable profits or receive a payable tax credit from HMRC.
If you would like advice on how best to take advantage of Orchestra Tax Relief, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Qualifying for Orchestra Tax Relief
A production can qualify for OTR if:
- it includes at least 12 instrumentalists;
- the majority of instruments are not to be electronically or directly amplified;
- its primary purpose is a performance to the paying public, or for education; and
- a minimum 25% of core expenditure is to be spent within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Concerts intended for promotional purposes, competitions or contests, or making a recording are excluded.
Download our Orchestra Tax Relief Fact Sheet
To find out more about Creative Industry Tax Reliefs, download our Fact Sheets using the form below.
We will not use your data in any way you have not consented to. You are free to unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com, and to request access to any personal information of yours that we store. We will take every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of your data.