Following the successful implementation of Film Tax Relief (FTR) in 2007, High-end Television Tax Relief (HTR) was introduced in April 2013, alongside Animation Tax Relief (ATR).
With the film industry shifting content, talent and finance from the big screen to big budget TV series, we are handling more and more HTR claims.
Claiming High-end Television Tax Relief
To be entitled to claim HTR, the project must:
- pass the BFI cultural test (similar to that for FTR) or be an official international co-production;
- be intended for broadcast;
- be a drama, comedy or documentary;
- have at least 10% of the total production costs relating to activities in the UK;
- have an average qualifying production cost per of not less than £1million per hour for each hour of production length; and
- have a programme slot length of greater than 30 minutes.
Our industry expertise and significant experience is key to not only processing and claiming the tax relief, but in enabling you to run a successful production.
Download our High-end Television Tax Relief Fact Sheet
To find out more about Creative Industry Tax Reliefs, download our Fact Sheets using the form below.
We will not use your data in any way you have not consented to. You are free to unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and to request access to any personal information of yours that we store. We will take every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of your data.