We are pleased to present our latest Charity Newsletter.
The newsletter contains useful information and guidance on the following topics:
- the implications of charity scandals and how protecting those involved with a charity is fundamental;
- the improvements that have been made to the Code of Fundraising Practice to make it easier for charities and third-party organisations to know the standards required of them;
- the release of updated guidance on independent examinations which is intended to assist trustees in understanding whether they are required to have one and how to prepare;
- notification that the names of all charity trustees will be published on the CCEW website as of April 2020 to ensure trustees remain accountable to the public;
- a note on charities exposure to cyber-crime and the National Cyber Security Centre’s advice on remaining vigilant and implementing appropriate defences;
- highlights of the most recent update of The Statement of Recommended Practice for Charity Accounting; and
- the simplified rules surrounding Gift Aid and donor benefits contained in the Finance Act 2019.
To download our latest Charity Newsletter, please click below.
For more information please contact us to speak to one of our Not-for-Profit team.