Business & Share Valuation
From time to time, business and share valuations can be required for a number of purposes:
- It is a good idea to agree valuations with HM Revenue and Customs before implementing share or share option schemes.
- In many probate cases, agreeing a business or share valuation with HMRC is a priority. Even if no IHT is at stake, or full BPR is available, agreeing a valuation is still vital. This way the beneficiaries start off with the best CGT base cost possible.
- It’s a fact of life that many marriages fail. We have experience producing valuation reports which comply with the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Business Valuations are often needed for tax purposes across a number of different taxes (CGT, IHT & Stamp Duty) and for a number of different reasons, not least of which are tax investigations. Our team have in depth experience preparing valuations for fiscal purposes in a format HMRC understand. We can negotiate on your behalf to ensure agreed valuations are achieved as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Working with our Corporate Finance Team, our valuation team provide valuations for prospective business sellers and purchasers to aid their negotiations.