Our Partners Isabella Segal and Paul Decker have been working hard in our Forensic Accounting Department in recent months as word begins to spread of our offering and expertise.
Recent examples of the cases they have undertaken include the following, which displays the varied nature and scope of forensic work we cover in NLP Forensic Accounting:
– We have acted as expert witness on a hotel management litigation matter. The detailed work included attendance at the hotel, inspecting accounting records, reading affidavits, report drafting, meeting with QC and Junior. This was followed by a Meeting of Experts with the other side and drafting the Joint Experts Report. We are currently awaiting the court hearing and Isabella is likely to appear as expert witness.
– We undertook the forensic analysis of the husband’s Form E on behalf of the wife, in a high net worth matrimonial matter.
– We have reported on whether a firm of accountants were acting outside their expertise on a matter where one of the former Partners had admitted perpetrating a fraud on one of the firm’s clients.
– We conducted a valuation of an accountancy practice on the instructions of an insolvency practitioner.
– We acted as Single Joint Expert to prepare Capital Gains Tax Computations for a matrimonial matter.
If you would like more information on our Forensic Accounting services, click here.