It is important to us at NLP to be “green” and for some time now we have had a number of green initiatives on the go, such as:
- Using plumbed in water coolers instead of the traditional bottle fed coolers
- Employing cleaning contractors who use green products wherever possible
- Having a cardboard recycling scheme
- Having a battery disposal scheme
- Having a toner recycling scheme for charity
- Recycling as much of our used computer hardware as possible (again for charity)
- Shredding our confidential waste which is then recycled
We also have an office policy of saving paper as much as possible by printing and photocopying on both sides of paper as far as possible, and of reducing unnecessary filing.
However, up until now, we haven’t been able to deal with general recyclable waste as it wasn’t a service provided by the council. We are delighted to say that it is now and as of this month we now run a pilot recycling scheme.